Assuming all things equal (optimized structure, etc.), what Bubble app does the community think would perform better in a database of 100-150k records.
- Straightforward use of the Bubble database
- a bubble app utilizing API calls to a high performance database like Firebase, MongoDB or DynamoDB
Some variables that would influence things:
- Volume and throughput of the API calls.
- Chosen Bubble plan, i.e. shared infrastructure vs standalone host.
- How API calls are run, scheduled workflows have a big lag, can be up to five minutes.
- API calls initiated by the UI have a noticeable impact, on average I see about 700 ms delay, although not necessarily cumulative with other calls.
I’d hazard a guess that API access time would be much greater than database performance benefits.