Date in UI is one day before actual Database Data

In my UI, the date is displaying 12/31/2020, but in the External Azure Database the date is 1/1/2021, so it is displaying database date minus one day?? Not sure why this is occurring or how to fix it?

The field is currently set as a date, but if I bring the value in as text, it works fine, but then I can’t use drop down filters to adjust the list based on dates. I’ve tried playing with the formatting with current or fixed time zone, but that doesn’t seem to affect it.

I’m thinking it has to do with either the External Database or the sql database connector query?

It really feels like a localisation/timezone issue. Your external DB is very probably UTC. Bubble stores Unix time, and displays local time. As a guess check when you are going to save the dates to the external database they are converted to UTC (or whatever is consistent with the DB) or store epoch on the external DB (probably less preferred).

At the end of the day, the dates stored in the external DB are either correct or incorrect and it is probably quite easy to confirm that. If the dates are correct in the external DB then you know then it is a localisation issue when displayed. (I’m just guessing - just how I’d approach the problem)

Thank you Lindsay, I add the same issue today and I coud’nt figure out why. Just needed to add 2 hours to the converted dates and it’s perfect :+1: :smiley:

Can we schedule an hour to screen share and have you take a look at my app and help me solve this date issue?