Disabled workflow is still executing! Bug?

I have added a workflow to run when the Sign up / Login dialog is open, and I have one action there: to save the user’s IP location using Ipiphy API.

When I disable that workflow, it still triggers when the dialog is open. The reason I know is that I still get an error popup saying it cannot connect to ipiphy, even though the whole workflow is disabled.

When I delete the workflow I no longer get that error.

Am I doing something wrong? or this is a bug?

Very sorry you’re having this issue! Can you file a bug report for this case? We’ll need to look at your application, and then the success team will be able to assist you.

Thanks!

Attaching couple of screenshots from my past discussions with Bubble support team on disabled workflows. Disabled workflows are not truly disabled as a regular person would think them to be.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This is far too confusing. My mental model of a disabled workflow is like a commented line of code. If it’s commented, it would never run.

Yes, it doesn’t fit the mental model of a regular person. Even I thought it to behave like commented code.

Bubble suggests that it is not meant to behave like commented code and we don’t use it like that. Bubble still goes through the disabled workflows and does something. That something for example is to check for its validity, whether values that are being passed to custom events etc are correct or not, etc. And that too even if the disabled workflow’s conditions are not being met!

Here are a couple of other mail exchanges with Bubble on same topic for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.