Display multiple "things" in a single repeating group

I am working on an app that will have about 10 different “things” that users will be able to create. I would like to have a repeating group on my index page that displays all of the newly listed things, not just each individual set. Is this possible?

Yep. It’s possible.

I’d go about it by having one “master” data type that all of the newly listed things belong to: “Item”, for example.

When each Item is created, it’s given a “type”. I don’t know your use case is, but let’s just say the different “type” options are “car”, “bike”, and “skateboard”. You can then create a repeating group of Items, but display different content in each cell depending on the item’s type.

I tried that route and there are some reasons that I cannot do it. Mainly that each of these “things” will have different mandatory fields. I cant create one thing type if another thing types mandatory field is empty, if that makes sense.