Dropdown Unique Values

I have a page where the user can edit a profile page. When the user clicks a link to go to the edit profile page, data is pre-populated for the associate they are looking to edit. Then the user can choose what they want to edit and not lose any previously entered information.

I have a status dropdown box that I am able to get pre-populated with the associate’s employment status. However, the dropdown shows ALL statuses listed in the database. I want just the five choices available to choose from the option set. However, doing anything with the option set makes it so that the initial value doesn’t display. How can I just return the unique values from the database?

I am still in learning stage so my thoughts may not be the best option. I am just trying to return what I’ve received here, and especially you have no replies yet. I know the feeling^^.

I try to use option sets as much as possible as it’s really easy and convenient. Create an option set and create 5 options. Simple and easy.

Hi @yj.johnrhee could you share a screenshot of how the dropdown “choices source” is set up?

1 Like

Try use unique elements

1 Like

@yj.johnrhee @bryan.beneker exactly this, If it doesn’t work, then change the type of choices to “Text” and then use “All Languages Display:unique elements”. assuming “Display” is a text.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the delay in responding. At the end of the day I figured out the code was breaking because I could put in the same statements and get different results on screen. It was bizarre and I just needed a break from it all.

I came back in this morning and re-created the form, constraints, and everything has started working right again. Thank you everyone for responding!

I like option sets, but they have a wonky relationship with workflows and settings. I couldn’t actually use the option set to do this because I had to utilize the default value field to pre-populate the dropdown. If I used an option set for doing the options, Bubble wouldn’t allow me to pull a value from the database in the default value box (kept showing in red). Below was my solution using the unique elements argument.

Status

Again, thank you all for the help!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.