Dynamic Dropdown Boxes Help

Hello all,

Currently I’m trying to figure out how exactly to get different options to appear in my dropdown box (location), based off of my dropdown box (the 1st zone dropdown). It’s confusing to me because I can’t seem to get to an option that says based off of the zone dropdown I want this in the location options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

On your Location Downdown, go to conditional settings. From there, you should be able to change the Dropdown’s data source based on the Transport Type section’s option.

But where does the data source come from? That’s the part I don’t understand. Is there no way to type in which data I want the drop down to have if a certain zone is chosen? I know this is probably a simple thing, but what I’m really shooting for is to have the location drop down give different locations depending on the zone drop down directly above it.

So if I were to choose zone 1, then the location options would be different from choosing zone 2. How do I tell it which items to put into the dropdown box? Sorry again for this I know it’s probably really simple. But thanks for all the help.

Can anyone help me with this please? I’m still struggling on how to get this dynamically.

Thank you.

No, there is no way to do what you want using Static Data option.

You will need to set up the data in that database.So have the Dropdown 1 values on a table, and then link the possible Values in Dropdown 2.

Nigel,

Thank you for your input. From reading a few of the forums I realized that I needed to create a data base (see above). Have I done this correctly? I have 4 zones and each zone has locations underneath it.

Additionally, the last conditional option I’m using is what is giving me the problem. Am I setting this up correctly as well? I cannot seem to get it to simply look at the list of things in zone 1 so I know I set something up wrong, I just don’t know what it is.

I’m sorry for all this, but I really appreciate your help.

First one was bad quality.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do here.

In your first dropdown, are you having all the “Zone 1” values ?

Then you have another Dropdown ? So if the Zone in Dropdown 1 (I am thinking this is another value on the table ?) then you want to restrict Locations that you bring back, and show the Zone 2 description ?

So I want the use to select a zone from the zone drop down:

Let’s say zone 1 is chosen:

I know it appears blank, but I would like it to populate all the zone 1 locations that are in by database because the user chose zone 1 from the zone drop down. So it should display “1 West, Ultrasound, Radiology”… etc.

I hope this helps and again, thank you for your help.

@romanmg

Is there any way you could walk me through this? I could open up my app as public if it would help. But For the life of me I cannot figure this out. It seems everyone has a different way to make it work and it’s all just confusing me trying to piece things together.

Thank you.

If someone could please help me with this I would greatly appreciate the time and effort. I’m still struggling with trying to get the drop down to populate correctly. I’ve made and remade different databases, tried tons of combinations of choice source options, and conditional formatting.

I’m sorry to keep spamming but I’m so close to completing this form and this is one of my last steps. Here is the app to look at and edit it helps: https://bubble.io/page?version=test&name=index&id=patienttransport&tab=tabs-1

Again, thank you all for the help.

Done I think.

Nigel,

Thanks for the work it looks great. I’m getting really close to what I want.

The last thing I need to change is how to make each option a selection instead of showing the entire list (for example being able to choose X-Ray from the list of all choices after selecting zone 1).

Thanks again for all the help!

I’ve finally got it. For anyone else struggling with understanding:

You have to put everything in a single table and then set up your drop downs, which I found out needed to have constraints added to them thanks to Nigel:

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.