Dynamic Font Family and Font Size

+1 for this.

1 Like

Really hoping this makes its way into the new editor! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really hope this is implemented soon.

The only other ways involve so much work.

I’m really hoping this makes it!

1 Like

+1 from me too. this along with dynamic colors for styles is key for any white label solution.

1 Like

Anyone looking to do dynamic fonts, here’s an easy workaround:

Use custom states. Create a data field in the user or whatever of type Integer. When an user clicks on a desired font, set the custom state of a group to “1”, “2”, etc. Then when they click save, on your workflow go and do “Make changes to: Current user’s font type”, and save the number. Then where you want your custom font, create conditionals that say "When current user’s font type is “1"” … then change the font type there. Hope it helps someone !

@julpereira82 I’m unsure how you’re proposing doing this for many font options? Unless I’m mistaken, you’re suggesting having conditionals for each font option?

Maybe you can elaborate?

And +1 for dynamic font family and font size! This thread has been around since 2017 (4 years!)…

Yes, it is a bit of a lengthy way to do it but it’s the only way I figured out. For example, current user has a data field known as “font”, and the type would be an integer.

Now, on the front side you offer the user different font styles with text elements. Let’s say you have a text “Choose font” and a button to save all inside a group. Create a custom state for the group of type integer. When the user clicks one of the text elements you display, you would initiate a workflow that changes the group’s custom state to 1,2,3,4 etc. When the user clicks the button to save, you would make change to current user’s font, and then save the group’s custom state, which again, is an integer.

Then wherever you want this custom font to be displayed, you would just set a conditional to each text that says “when current user’s font is 1…” then choose the font.

1 Like

Yeah I just don’t see how this is doable for this use case for font family or size. It would require a ridiculous amount of conditionals.

2 Likes

+1 for this

@alex.pethick Here’s a workaround for this:

Also to change any other css property dynamically you can refer to the list here:

Example: For changing font family the javascript command would be:
document.getElementById(“alex”).style.fontFamily = “Roboto”;

9 Likes

Such an awesome workaround Prabhjot provided here :fire:

Thank you!

1 Like

Im also hoping Bubble can implement this feature +1

+1 for dynamic fonts :fire:

Is there an update on this topic, I am developing an application for restaurants and I would like each one to customize their typography Is there an update on this topic, I am developing an application for restaurants and I would like each one to customize their typography

thanks so much!

Just posting for others here how I ended up resolving Font Family for my own use case

+1, this is a very important feature without a currently scalable workaround

Hello, I could really use a dynamic font setting for the app I am currently building. Is there any update on this?

It would also be incredibly useful to have dynamic margins, heights and widths.

@bubble @josh

2 Likes

@bubble @josh @emmanuel is this on bubble’s roadmap at all, short or long term?

1 Like

Vote on the Ideaboard?

Dynamic font sizes: https://bubble.io/ideaboard?idea=1611950601307x564723921177804800
Variable fonts: https://bubble.io/ideaboard?idea=1662718151917x115582195977682940

3 Likes