Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Dynamic repeating group column widths - Is it possible?

Hi all!

I could really use some help here, so I’d be thrilled if someone could point me in the right direction. I’ve seen some discussion related to this topic but have not found a solution for my case, and I think there will be others that would need something like this.

I’m working on a creative process management app for songwriters and producers which will include a page that allows the user to visually arrange their song in a sort of two-part chart, where the x-axis is the timeline of the song, from beginning (left) to end (right). The y-axis of the first part of the chart will display what I call “dynamic impact,” an estimation of each song section’s place within the song’s dynamic range, from quiet/low impact on the listener (bottom) to loud/high impact on the listener (top). The second part of the chart will allow the user to add rows for each instrument and display where along the song’s timeline the instruments will be present (and most likely make some notes where needed).

Check out the screenshot below of my spreadsheet-based prototype that I’ve been using for my own music projects so you can get an idea of what I’m looking for!

I believe I know how most of this is possible with repeating groups, but my biggest issue is finding a way to display the width of the repeating groups dynamically in order to show the relative lengths of each section, which I expect to be written in the database.

Again, I’ve seen some discussions here in the forum that are somewhat related, but have found nothing that would solve this issue. I’ve seen a few plugins that might get me closer to this functionality, but nothing that I think will really work!

Any creative ideas to help me solve this puzzle would be hugely appreciated!! Please let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks so much for reading and hope to hear from you :slight_smile:
Xander

1 Like

I’d be interested in having a conversation about paying a coach or consultant to help me get this figured out! Thanks :slight_smile: