Hey Everyone,
Newbie here, however i have spent quite of bit of time in powerapps.
So my question is as my title states, is there a way to change the “Type of Choices” with a workflow for a dropdown.
What I would like to do is change the Type of choices for the dropdown based on weather or not the user is wanting to use a favorite design or build a new design.
something like this…
“If (load favorite button is pressed) dropdown type = favorites, else dropdown = standard”
anyway to do this?
Hi there!
You can change sources of a dropdown in the conditionals tab:
Hope that helps!
Tal
nocodify.com
Thanks @Nocodify, i thought i had tried that and it didnt workunless i had something else messed up. if the choice of the dropdown is standard and I have a conditional to change if a button is pressed it should do that correct?
You’d need to add one more step, since conditionals don’t work when a button is pressed.
So in your case, I’d recommend doing something like this:
- Add a workflow to the button to set a state to an element when it’s clicked
- Add a conditional to the dropdown, when X element state = X , choices source =
Tal
Choices source is different from Type of choices right?
If the standard and favorites are two different data tables.
If i want to use a favorite I need the content from that specific data table, vs the content of standard types data table.