not sure how to resolve this in bubble and my searches also didn’t help.
I have two Option Sets (these values are static and never change):
Option Set “Default string”: this is like a dictionary that contains default strings for every “Platform” based on the generic default string name
- Display: Contains generic string (example option: “My String”)
- Platform A: Contains string used in Platform A (example option: “my_string”)
- Platform B: Contains string used in Platform B (example option: “myString”)
- Platform C: Contains string used in Platform C (example option: “fubar”)
- Platform N Contains string used in Platform N (example option: “someotherweirdstring”)
Option Set “Platform”: this is contains different attributes about different platforms, one of which is the platform name
- Display: Contains the platform name (example option: “Platform A”)
- Other attributes: (not relevant here)
Now I have 2 Drop-Downs:
Drop-Down A is of type Default string (shows Default string’s Display value)
Drop-Down B is of type Platform (shows Platform’s Display value)
If I select Option “My String” in the 1st Drop-Down and “Platform C” in the 2nd Dropdown, I’d like to retrieve the value for Default String → Platform C (i.e. “fubar”).
How would I do that?
Also open to another Option Set structure if necessary.
Thanks for your help!