Dynamically select fields to display

I am trying to create a dynamic dropdown that shows the list of fields in my database. The purpose is to allow the user to select which fields they want to see instead of the pre-selected ones.

Basically like the image below, but as a dropdown option that works with the repeating group.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

I’d create a DB type called ‘Param’ containing Name (text) and IsVisible (yes/no).

Now, I’d create a dropdown who’s options are a list of 'Param’s, filtered by IsVisible.
You can also have a UI where the user can use a button or a checkbox to toggle the IsVisible value of each of these Param entries.

Hope that helps,

Ranjit | Blur Apps

Hi Ranjit!

Thank you for your response! Your suggestion makes sense, but I was not able to find a way to change the IsVisible to ‘yes’ when the item in the dropdown is selected. Also, how would the two DB connect? Another way to explain what I am trying to do is to show certain columns in the spreadsheet. I have been scratching my head at this for a while.

One way to change the visible to ‘yes’ is creating an RG and setting the RG’s data as Do a Search for Params.

In the RG, display a checkbox with initial value as current cell's Param's IsVisible
Also, create a Workflow that triggers ‘when an input is changed’. Assign the input as the checkbox in the RG and the action is ‘make a change to a thing’. Here, select the thing to change as type ‘Param’ and select current cell’s Param as the thing to change.

Now set the ‘IsVisible’ value to this Param's IsVisible is "no"
This will toggle the value of IsVisible on this particular Param.

The user can make changes to all the params via this RG

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.