Efactive! New FREE Plugin - Detect if user is online

I’m not sure how that last part has anything to do with what we were discussing but that’s a shame. I’ll try to find some way around these limitations.

It’s possible that I didn’t quite understand your idea. Keep me posted.

That’s definitely a possibility. Let me state my idea one more time now that I’ve gathered more thoughts. I want to make a repeating group that shows all users that are currently on the site. They don’t necessarily have to be active, they can be idle, as long as the site is opened.

To clarify…you want users to show up in the Repeating Group if the following criteria are met:

• User is logged in to your app
  • User has a window open with the app loaded
  • User is either clicking around on the app, OR idle, but the app is open in a window

You want the user to NOT be in the list if any of the following is true:

• User is NOT logged in
  • User is logged in, but the app is not open in any windows
4 Likes

That’s correct, thanks for helping me get my point across.

Does this plugin still work? Would I be able to add icons to show if a user is online or not?

Yes its working you can check out the demo page here

2 Likes

That’s great I set it up. How can I show the online status for every user under a RG?

Sorry I am not following, what do you mean?

I have a Repeater group that shows recently joined users. Can I use this to show if the users are online or not? I set it up using color change according to condition for active, idle and other. It’s showing based on activity of current users not other users activity

Just use the effactive app to determine if the user is idle or not. You set the seconds that it checks. Follow the instructions on how to use effactive.

If the user is not idle, thus online, then:

Make a Change to the user/last-online/current.date.time
or
Make a Change to the user/currently-online/“YES”

Then point your RG to search “Users” and sort / shot the “last-online” or “currently-online”

Yes @sanjuujosephh exactly as @gilles suggested.

@gilles @AliFarahat

Won’t this work? It shows the status as HIDDEN when I set it up like this

change is so that efactive is used “only when”

So:

Online status = “online”

Only when Efactive A’s presense is not idle (or “yes”).

Try that. I had to set this up with one of my apps this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. It worked :heart:
It will track when the user goes inactive right?

Yes it should. When he goes idle.

2 Likes

Can I use this plugin to detect how many current users are logged into a single page? Thanks!

Yes of course you can. Create a field on the user table called status. Then whenever the status of the plugin changes alter or update that field

Perfect! However, how would the status change if the user closed the tab?

1 Like

Add a field to record when the last update came through. So for example “status_on” that is constantly updated when the user active or idle status is sent. Then a back end workflow that basically says. If the the user status_on + 90 secs is smaller than current date/time then change to status to offline

3 Likes