Element full height on page

Hi Bubblers

I’am stuck on a very important part. I’am trying to build a Dashboard UI with a sidebar. I tried the responsive beta thing but still didn’t work. I want my element on the left side of the page aligned with a auto height and with?

Can someone help me out with this please?

Here is a example of what i want to achieve:
http://themesanytime.com/startui/demo/

On this demo link you can see the left bar menu i want to make the same;

1 Like

Have you tried this

5 Likes

Thanks for helping me, it did work but then the element shows even when the page height and the element height are the same i don’t know there is something wrong it doesn’t need to show this normally:

It’s kinda tough to see your issue in the screens you provided. A link would be more helpful, or a video clip. In the picture, it looks like you have a full-height bar on the left side of the screen, which (I thought) was the goal. What is not functioning as expected?

1 Like

https://zero.bubbleapps.io/version-test/signin?debug_mode=true

The page is scrollable but i don’t want it to be scrollable :slight_smile:

It depends on your screen size. I tested it on two screens. On my laptop screen it’s scrolls, on my extended screen it doesn’t. Two different sizes.

Edit
@raymond beat me to it!

What is your page height set to? I have a page (nocodestartup.com) that is using the responsive renderer and it doesn’t scroll. I have the page set to 800px tall intentionally to prevent scrolling. Maybe check that out.

3 Likes

That is really really weird, i just checked my page height and it shows ‘637’ so it is nearly impossible that i shows with a scrollbar isnt it? I have a 27" imac with a 5k resolution so it is not on my side either

:wink:

Your nocodestartup.com is brilliantly done!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m a product consultant with a really big global brand, but we focus on building complicated web and mobile applications for clients with deep pockets. There’s a whole world of people who want to create, or who have needs, but don’t know that they can get stuff done. This is going to be a little side business for me, and I’m going to empower the world to build their products, not their code base. (Still working on the marketing fluff :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Let us know how this goes and how we can help! That’s very much our vision, as you guessed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s what I’m striving for as well. Where I live the industry doesn’t seem to want to move away from hard coding.

@potentialthings Fantastic. I’m a 20 year veteran in marketing, and trying to create my own legacy app. And I love you want to help others create!

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I’m also looking to create a full height page without scroll bars and am out of ideas.

Nope i didn’t :confused:

So, I found a way to do it. It’s a bit of a work around though.

I’ve added Javascript to each element to make it full height and set-up that Javascript to have the 2nd and 3rd parent elements also full hight so that Bubbe’s default height settings don’t interfere.

Do you have the javascript code?

Could you please kindly share your solution?

Im also interested in that code. Could you share it? Would be very nice…