Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

ESC/POS Printing

@BrianHenderson thanks for the reply! appreciate this so much :slightly_smiling_face:

In my current POS, they have a mobile application that can be downloaded in google play and we are using Android Tablet to use the Store POS interface.
I’m curious if this is feasible if we will push using bubble.io as a backend and we will use other platforms to create a mobile app and will connect to bubble.io for data sync?

Also, same with a cash drawer, does the bubble have the functionality to connect with two Bluetooth for printing receipts and printing very small stickers that include the name of the customer and the product they ordered which will be put in the cup?

@jabguiapal I’ve not done anything related to mobile apps or Bluetooth so I cannot answer your questions with any certainty. Sorry!

Thank you so much @BrianHenderson

Brian, do you have to write a plug-in in bubble io or do you just pop in some JavaScript without writing a plug-in to get jsprintmanager to work?
Thanks

Looks like a great solution

Hi @cookjeremiah, no plug-in is needed aside from the free Toolkit plugin to trigger javascript in workflows.

With the JSPrintManager software from Neodynamic then all you need to do is upload a few javascript files to your app and then put some code in an HTML container on your page. That’s it! If you basically just copy & paste some of their example code into an HTML element in Bubble then it works almost immediately.

I love that they allow you to test and build as much as you want for free, and only when you’re ready to go live in production then you’re required to buy a license from them. Extremely generous and extremely fair to see if it’s a solution that will work well for you before buying.

I can speak from experience to say their tech support service is also top notch. They were very patient with me as I figured out how to get everything to work :laughing:

Learning the ESC/POS and ZPL languages to build my receipts and labels was a fascinating process. Every time I got a receipt from a store or restaurant I was always studying it to relate to what I had figured out for my app :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:. It was well worth the time invested though because now I can use just about any receipt printer or label printer that I want! There’s something delightfully anachronistic about injecting dynamic values from Bubble into javascript code to control an ESC/POS device. I didn’t know a lick of javascript or ESC/POS before starting this process but I’ve pieced enough of it together that I achieved my goal and launched a successful product into the hands of real live users.

4 Likes

You are a great help, thanks so much Brian. I sent you a note also on your washdryfoldpos website.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

hi,
Json is pretty easy and i have a hack for it

What is the hack you have for it?

1 Like