Extra characters with Maximum Number for text(numbers only)

Hi guys,

I have just started using Bubble.

I have started a new project and wants to add a mobile number field in my sign up page.

Selected Limit the number of characters as well as indicated Maximum number of 8.

When I tried out the textbox by hitting “123456789”, the textbox displayed “12345678”.
However, when I hit the delete button at “8”, the value becomes “12345679” instead of “1234567”

Can someone help me on this?

Thank you.

Is there a reason why you don’t want to use the US phone content type instead of text (numbers only)?

Ohh, I am not located in the US.

The number layout seems different from my country. Thus, I am trying this instead.

I will try out US phone and see how it works out.

US phone isn’t suitable for me.

This is the setting that I originally have. Any suggestion to solve this?

How about instead of using the max number feature, you have no limit but have a condition on the signup button to run its workflow when “Input Mobile (sign up) :number of characters is 8” and couple that with an alert message that is visible whenever the :number of characters is > 8 to let the user know.

1 Like

I think this is the best solution

I’ve ran into this before and never thought it was serious enough to send in a bug report. If you want to though, go for it :slight_smile: https://bubble.io/bug_report

I will try both suggestions.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.