Facebook blocks Bubble apps using "login with Facebook" plugin?

Hey all! I’ve just received an email from Facebook saying that they will block my Facebook app (used to allow the Facebook login through Bubble’s plugin) if I don’t update the Facebook SDK. Has anybody receive this warning?

As far as I know, this is something under Bubble’s control, right? They also complain about the UX, on which I’ll be working for the next days. But what’s needed to fix the issue with the SDK? You can see the email they’ve sent me below:

Hi,

In working to create a great Platform experience for everyone, we ask developers to ensure the apps they build comply with our Platform Policies. Your app Top Blogs (AppId: 366096694073332) doesn’t comply with the following:

Platform Policy 1.2: Build an app that is stable and easily navigable. Be sure your app insights reflect a positive experience.

Here’s a visual example of the policy: Platform Terms - Meta for Developers.
Some common violations of this policy include:

• Broken Facebook integration (e.g. broken login or canvas integration)
  • Broken functionality in the app (e.g. share functionality is broken)

Platform Policy 8.2: Native iOS and Android apps that implement Facebook Login must use our official SDKs for Login.

Please make sure your Android app is using the most recent version of our SDK for Login. You can find more information on our Android SDK for Login and other Login-related products here: Android - Facebook Login - Documentation - Meta for Developers.

You can see our visual example for this policy here: Platform Terms - Meta for Developers.

You can access the full list of our Platform Policies here: Platform Terms - Meta for Developers.

Please make the requested changes by 2019-08-23 at 12:00 PST.

Let us know when you’ve updated your app by replying to this email. If we do not hear back from you, your app will be subject to enforcement. If you have outstanding questions, respond here and we’ll do our best to help.

Thanks,

Cameron

To be honest, I don’t want to lose the “login with Facebook” feature. Thanks a lot!

Update: Facebook has clarified that I need to implement the “login with Facebook” so that my Android native app (made with Bubble) automatically logs in when clicking on the “Login with Facebook” button without requesting credentials:

Native iOS and Android apps that implement Facebook Login must use our official SDKs for Login. Your app is not using the most recent version of our SDK, which still requires users to provide their credentials (user name or phone and password).

I can imagine the only option is that Bubble’s Facebook plugin would be adapted for native apps. I’ve asked Bubble’s support team, in case they have a solution for this. If not possible, I’ll have to get rid of the “login with Facebook” feature from my app, which is very unfortunate. I guess this is one of the main issues of building a mobile app with Bubble (using a wrapper as Jasonelle, which is my case). I will keep you posted.

Were you able to use login with facebook on your bubble app wrapped as jasonelle?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.