Firebase Realtime Database Plugin for Bubble - Zeroqode plugin

Hello everyone!

We have created detailed documentation for our Firebase Realtime Database Plugin for Bubble! Hope it will be helpful for every plugin user :slightly_smiling_face:

Click here to read the doc → Firebase Realtime Database - Slite

Cheers! :tada:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

2 Likes
  1. What are the use cases for using Firebase?
  2. Does this store a copy in bubble DB too?
  3. Does one have to have good amount of tech knowledge to setup/operate this?

Hi @ahanviv,
Thank you for reaching out.

Regarding your questions, we will try to answer them one by one.

Mainly the Firebase Realtime Database lets you store and sync data between users in real-time. This makes it easy for any of your users to access their data from any device, web or mobile, and it helps your users to collaborate with one another.
It is heavily used by applications for backend authentication and real-time database services. Firebase helps to keep the database up at all times and make sure all the user authentications are done in a very seamless manner without any interruptions and users get a very smooth experience.
Please find more information regarding Firebase Realtime Database here: Firebase Realtime Database

No, by default, Bubble.io uses a database hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Firebase uses Google Cloud servers, where you stock all the information. If you need, you can export and migrate data from one server to another, this will require additional tools and effort.

We recommend having a moderate understanding of how API connections work, also there is a setup guide in the plugin’s documentation and live demo page where you can test and check the setting and available API data calls of the Firebase Realtime Database Plugin.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us. :pray:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

For a pretty complex plugin like this one the documentation should be really better imo )

Hi @tomajx, thanks for sharing your opinion :pray:

We will pass this feedback to the developer team for consideration but we would also be grateful if you can mention which sections of the documentation should be more detailed and what else might be included for users’ interest.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Would this plugin allow me save new data to my Firebase Storage and retrieve data from Firebase storage? For example, can I have a workflow that saves an audio file to Firebase storage that was uploaded from my bubble app? Then am i able to retrieve and listen to that file using a audio player plugin?

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for your questions.

Yes, our plugin has the required actions and data calls.

Regretfully, our plugin supports only transmission of the text data. Both file loading and retrieving in this case are impossible. Sorry about that.

We’ve registered your request in plugin improvements roadmap, so the developer team will check how feasible would be to add such feature in future plugin updates. If any news will appear, we will let you know.

If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks for your response. I’m looking at the plugins workflows and I’m not seeing any of the options you highlighted.

I just need to get files from firebase storage and so i can view and edit them in my bubble apps interface. Can you tell me the name of the options I should be looking for and where I can find those options please? Thanks!

Hi @cohereandnow, thanks for reply.

It might be possible that you are using another plugin because shared actions are not part of the Firebase Realtime Database plugin. Please check the plugins tab for the plugin name and the name of the developer. It will allow you to address the inquiry in the right team :slight_smile:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi,

How would this work to display data in a repeating group?

Thanks,
Mikhaeel

Hi @mikhaeel, thanks for your question.

This is possible, for that, you need to indicate the source properly:

Currently, it retrieves text, that for better usability needs to be parsed in a JSON data type.

We’ve also added this inquiry to the plugin’s plan of possible improvements. In case this will be feasible to implement, we will let you know about it in this thread.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with about our plugin.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like