Floating Group + Responsive Design

To all,

I’m using a floating group as a slide-out, right side panel instead of a pop-up for editing screens. I love the look much more and it aligns with the Microsoft Office 365 UI that my users are already using.

However, I’m getting two odd behaviors that I can’t figure out and would love any insights.

1. I’m having issues with the top getting cut off on different screen resolutions. Should I be using Margin or Padding for the top spacing? I’m assuming a percentage would be better than specifying a pixel count.

2. What makes a Floating Group display a scroll bar? I have a min height of 1000px (based on a @gregjohnkeegan video) and Fit to Height selected. However, I run into situations where I can’t scroll down. This is a problem when the Save/Cancel buttons are below the fold. I’ve obviously got some incorrect combination of settings here.

Any suggestions, pointers, and/or dad jokes are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I don’t know the answers to your questions… but what do you call a cow that’s just given birth?

Answer:

Decalfenated!

You asked for dad jokes… :laughing:

For floating grup scrolling you want to have this selected:

Screen height doesn’t really matter because the group will align properly.

Cheers!

@Guru I do have that set. I had to add a 200 px empty group below my other group to get the page to scroll down far enough. It was very odd but it works.

@shashi Thank you for the dad joke!