Forum redesign and restyling

Thanks for testing and finding what was missing… How about this?

1 Like

Which fonts do you recommend / like for web apps in general? I have been struggling to find one that I “like” and based on your comments I would think that’s something you have really thought through :slight_smile:

Oh, sorry, no, I can’t advise fonts. I just try to stick to something I commonly see until I can pay a designer. I decided to not give design much of a thought, my specialties are others.

In this case it seemed ugly to me and that’s it, don’t take it as a technical evaluation, but rather as a gut reaction. :wink:

I think the font looks a lot better now. Did you update it? Or did my eyes just get used to it?

Ergh… I didn’t mind the font change on desktop, but readability, line spacing and font size are miserable on mobile. Some of us are over 50, yo.

2 Likes

Here is comments from mobile device.

• Post readability is much better compare to what it was a couple of hours ago.
  • The font of creating/editing a new post is quite small.

Yep. Looking at my post again, it looks ok.

I think the most optimal solution would be to give those who don’t like the new font an option to change it in settings, still keeping this font as the default.

2 Likes

This would be ideal solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seem like that fonts has been changed again and they are really amazing. I’m just enjoy it now!!!

Thanks

1 Like

Hey, @emmanuel,

IMG_2413
I’ve installed the forum as a PWA, but the icon looks weird. I think it has a transparent background. It would look better if you add a white background to it.

P.S. I do like the “new” font.
Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

@emmanuel It seems it’s pretty easy to add a dark mode. You think you can add dark mode theme to the forum. It would probably take 10 minutes tops for someone to do this. :blush: Better than having to use an extension. Allow users to select dark / light theme - admins - Discourse Meta

2 Likes

Yeah or @josh? Or is it because this is a custom theme that makes it hard to create a dark mode for?

1 Like

Hey,

Does anyone else find it conflicting that Bubble’s forum PWA looks this ugly? :grimacing: