šŸ—“ [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

I couldnā€™t find the problem with the group focus. Is it not showing up at all?

I changed it to a floating group and itā€™s working. A floating group is not ideal but it will do.
Here is whatā€™s going on. Jan-23-2020 11-04-02

Hi @seanhoots

First of all, thank you for this great plugin.

I created a bug report, but usually, the answer is to contact the plugin author. Maybe you might want to look.

Note: I can save the data, nothing more than throwing errors.

I am also facing the exact problem on https://bubble.io/page?type=custom&name=fabricationCaseTable&id=in-align&tab=tabs-1&subtab=Data%20Types while using a reusable element

Hello @seanhoots, thanks for your great work.
Iā€™ve seen a bug with the latest version (3.2.0). If you pick a date range and make a count (AirDate/TimePicker Aā€™s value list:count) it will always give a result of 2 (itā€™s only considering the start and the end of the range). Iā€™ve downgraded to version 3.1.1 and it works ok, it really gives you the number of days in that range.
Thanks!

Currently failed for me as a reusable element as well. Unfortunately I already moved on from that so I am unable to share an example. But thought I would mention it.

Currently I am unable to set whether it shows only the Time or both the Date and Time with conditional values pointing to the database. I got this error:

However, the value the picker produces does reflect the conditional values I have set. Just not the picker itself.

Hi thanks for this awesome plugin.

I believe Iā€™m experiencing a bug with it though. My calendar is on a popup and so when I click and select a data the first time it works, then close the popup and try again and it doesnā€™t work (with inconsistent results).

I tried to use triggers to see what happened and did a button to show the calendar and the results are the same, the button works fine the first round, then close the popup, try again to no avail.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Hi @seanhoots, I have a question for you. I am using your super useful plugin but I think there is an issue with the style format. Let me try to explain with a couple of screen shots.

In the standard formatting we can change font type, font size or even font color. But there is no way, apparently, to change font to bold (also no difference between an Open Sans 600 and 700 or more).

Schermata 2020-03-30 alle 09.38.06

This means that the selected date results in a different format with respect to normal standard input. As you can see, I would like to have the ā€œ30 Marzo, 2020ā€ being bold like the currency input ā€œEURā€ .

Is it possibile to achieve this result ? Thanks

*** ADDITION ***

There is another thing that it seems a little odd. If you set a condition like ā€œwhen this date picker is pressedā€ the calendar does not show up anymore. While if the condition is ā€œwhen this date picker is hoveredā€ the calendar shows up but as soon as the mouse is move outside the input cell it disappears. Thank you for your reply.

@seanhoots

Firstly, thanks for making this seriously helpful plug-in!

Like Benjamin, Iā€™m running into the exact same problem.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open pop-up
  • Click on air date picker opens calendar
  • Set date range
  • Save and close pop-up
  • Open pop-up
  • Click on air date picker has no affect

I have used this air date picker in the past and never ran into this problem. Do you think it might be a new bug?

1 Like

@seanhoots

Thank you for this great plugin!

When trying to use element actions, I canā€™t see the date picker if it is in a repeating group? If I move the same date picker outside the repeating group it works.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 11.29.55 AM

I was trying to clear or reset (not sure what the difference is) the date picker when the popup is closed. At this moment the value is staying within the repeating group however the data source is changing but the first inputted value is kept there just on a different cell.

Also, my initial content isnā€™t working either within the repeating group.

Thank you again!

I am trying to block dates with ā€˜Block datesā€™ and also some days. However, when selecting a data range it is still possible to select them. Is it possible to deny the user to select a data range that includes a blocked date?

Thanks!

Hi @seanhoots ,

Need some help. I have a start date and end date.

1. Start Date default should be current date but 00:00:00 hrs

I know that thereā€™s an option t choose current date/time which only gives me todayā€™s date and current time.

My use case is check total users from start of day till the current time.

Can anyone help me?

When you select current date time you can change the hours,minutes and seconds

You can change any date with these expressions

Thanks Klaas.

I changed secs, mins, hours and got the result.

Iā€™ve been using the great sister plugin for air date selection, but due to the lack of customizabilty and users complaining about the user experience, Iā€™m now looking at this plug in instead.

Judging by this thread, it seems that there are some minor issues. e.g. the font styling is broken etc. But at the moment I can live with that.

However, after testing it last night, I first ran into an issue where it would randomly go unresponsive, and itā€™s not clickable. After deleting it and creating a new on, it worked. Then a few hours later the plug in completely broke and would only display a text input field instead, I tried it on several devices and browsers, all the same.

9 hours later it has magically started displaying as a date selector again, but is completely unresponsive and not clickable.

Looks like there are thousands of apps using this plug in, so Iā€™m wondering how widespread these issues are, if thereā€™s a fix or I would do wise in not implementing this plug in?

edit. Closed the page, opened it again and now one of the date pickers worked. closed the page, opened it again, and it stopped working again.

Ran into another issue with this plugin.

If a page contains both a bubble searchbox and the air date/time picker. It will override the on hover cursor for the native bubble searchbox and turn it into a ā€œclickable buttonā€-cursor.

Iā€™m a little perplexed about this plugin being used in almost 17,000 apps with these issued not addressed?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a date picker plugin that has little bit less bugs and issues?
Such a shame, @seanhoots is by far making the most polished and best looking bubble plugins. :frowning:

Edit. @edward.w.douglas quickly found a fix for this issue. If anyone runs into the same issue. solution can be found here.

Hey @cowles.cj

Not sure if you fixed, but noticed you mentioned about the initial content/data not loading in the air date/time picker. I had the same issue. By default the cells in my repeating group hide and then show, and I think thats the issue causing the initial data not to load.

A work around was to make the initial data load when the actual cell content is loaded e.g.
Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 14.27.23

Iā€™d still class this as a bug - hopefully @seanhoots can fix?

2 Likes

airdate

I am having this issueā€¦ and the value of air date shows empty

Hey Keith,

I am following your method to get the total number of HH:MM to get the event duration.

I am following this method used in spread sheets: how to calculate the difference in time in excel - Google Search

But the problem is that bubble will only subtract in a number and not a date - I am then finding it hard to convert them back to HH:MM.

I have saved the date in a number format:

Is this what you meant?

Best,

Rachel