Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Getting an error message when trying to copy the app, as private or public

Hello friends,

Hope that you can help.

I am still working on my first app (not a developer). I have only dummy data content in my test app and when trying to create additional copies (private or public + data), I get the error below. Even though the new copy is created and I can access it, there is no data content in the new version.

Here the latest copy (marked as public):

Here the original (marked as public):

Thanks in advance!
Conny

Hello,

Sorry you’re experiencing an unexpected behavior. The general rule with the Bug category is as follow:

1. If you’re not sure it’s a bug, and want confirmation from the community, please go ahead and post here
  2. If you’re 100% sure this is a bug, because you see a message ‘We’ve hit a temporary bug’ or if an action never ends, go straight to our Bug Report Form, it’s a better way to tell us about the issue so that w can fix it.

Sorry about the bug!

Hey Conny :slight_smile: Hmm… Does the same thing happen if you try selecting “Public” instead when trying to copy the app?

Hello!

Well, if I change the settings from private/public or vice versa, I don’t get errors, only when I copy this particular version “current”. So, I guess because I deleted/added the dummy users several times, something went wrong, maybe I caused some duplicates, not sure…

Do you recommend that I recreate the app?

Got it! My apologies, I didn’t read you post carefully enough before and didn’t realize it did copy the app itself, just without database. I think it would be best to file a bug report because it should allow you to copy database content no matter how many test data you’ve added or removed.

Faye,
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I agree and I will do so.
In the meantime, cleaning up my data, it seems to be working better…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.