Google Maps Extended: REQUEST_DENIED

Hi @theupstarters ,
I have a Googli API key that regularly works and has no restrictions. Now I tried to install your plugin “Google Maps Extended” as I wish to calculate the driving duration but, after setting the same API key in the plugin (both in the production and development fields) and setting everything, it doesn’t work and returns REQUEST_DENIED.

Here are some details.
I have address A and address B and a workflow that should calculate Distance & Duration

but I get the following outcome:

Any clue? Thanks in advance

I’m still having problems despite I took the 2 following actions.

1. The instructions to set up Google APIs (https://bubblegroup.gitbooks.io/bubble-manual/content/working-with-data/setting-up-google-api-keys.html) don’t mention “Directions API” and"Distance API Matrix". I enabled also these ones.

2. Google needs to verify that the requests come from a verified owner. I added my domain here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/verification/home?hl=en&authuser=1

Now I don’t get anymore a REQUEST_DENIED but the output of the query is empty:

@theupstarters any clue?

1 Like

I’m having the same problem still. Is it possible for anyone at Bubble.io to help us on this?

Hey guys,
After checking out some API documentation, I found out that during the initialisation of Google API on Bubble (the video tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouGT55o68ho) they don’t mention enabling the distance matrix API which is necessary for the Google Maps extended API.

Steps:

1. Go to console.developers.google.com and enable Distance Matrix API

2. Add it to the Selected API’s (server side)

It should work with these changes. If you guys still have the problem reply to this thread. @bubble, Kindly include this in the tutorial you offer to set up Google maps API as it is important.

Hello!
I am having the same problem. REQUEST_DENIED

It used to work perfect but suddenly it stopped showing the time and distance text.

Any idea where is the problem? @AliFarahat

Anyone manage to resolve this? @antonio1 ? I am having this issue. Very certain I have set up all the required endpoints and auth properly but getting the REQUEST_DENIED error.

1 Like

If anyone faces this problem, I think I might have found a cause. It seems like the plugin Google Maps Extender makes the API request from a URL other than your app’s domain URL. That means if you’ve set a restriction on HTTP referrers in the Google Developers Console, then the request will fail.

1 Like

Did you fix it? Please let us know how to do that :pray:

Yes, you just need to make sure you don’t have any restrictions on the URLs that can use the API. This is a setting in your Google Developer Console. Or you should use requestinspector to see the address that the Google Maps Extender makes the request from, and then whitelist that address too.

@simon12 i have some http referrers (website) restrictions in the Client Key, but not in the server key.
In the Client key I also have this .mydomain.com/ added as the Website restrictions.

Could you please tell me how to use the “requestinspector” to see the address that the Google Maps Extended makes the request from to add it to the whitelist?

1 Like

Any news on this one?

Did you manage to identify the problem? I have “tried it all”… :frowning:

I would check the following

Did you enabled the API in Google cloud console?
Did you attach and enable billing for Google project?
Do you have some restrictions set on the API key?

Hi! Yes I have been using the regular API Map for a couple of years, and get billed every month by Google. I have restrictions regarding server and client but I tried to unlock everything for test purposes but with no change unfortunately… :frowning:

Oopss… I used the clone, and not the orginal Plugin. This was my issue! The clone can’t authenticate (for me) direct api calls, but the orginal can.

And Use bubbles coordinate adress. Then it will function like intended.