Group Focus within a Repeating group

Hello!
This question is answered multiple times on the forum, but in a hacky way. I am unable to get this to work.

I am trying to add a menu inside a repeating group allowing users to take respective action for the parent thing. However, since Group Focus cannot be referenced to an element within a repeating group, I don’t know how to achieve it.

In this screenshot, I’m marked the icon. When a user clicks on this icon, I would like to show them a menu item for them to Edit the parent group’s thing, Delete it etc.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi !
You can make a reusable element for each item within the RG and include the menu in the reusable element.

1 Like

So ‘Edit’ will be a reusable element within the RG and when the user clicks on the Icon in the RG, Edit will be visible? Sorry can’t get it to work.

Sometimes, the most simplest problems take the most amount of time :grimacing:

Getting there.
However, the reusable group is being overlapped by the next row of the repeatable group.

Check this video from Gaby about reusable elements. The Use Case #3 describes what you need :wink:

I would put all the message as a reusable element in the RG. And then when you click ‘edit’, you show / hide the different elements (inputs or stuff like that)… You can do that also by adding a state to the reusable element and just modify the state with the action.

Are you using a group focus to display the actions ? This shouldn’t be happening…

Woo hoo!
Finally! Got it to work!

Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.