Has anyone built an integration library for their app?

Just curious if anyone has built an integration library for their app before? For example if someone wanted to use a mailchimp integration of a stripe integration, they could use a pre-built one from a library within your webapp.

is the of supposed to be or? bit confused by this

If it is or, then I think what you are looking to do is to give users an ability to choose from different integrations your have setup using either plugins or APIs. I’ve done this in an app to give ability to choose to integrate with Zoom, Stripe and Google Calendar.

Sorry I wrote this post while travelling. It’s supposed to be “or” and not “of”.

Exactly how you’ve described is what I’m trying to achieve. Do you have an example of what you’ve done? Not the on the bubble editor but maybe the live actual app?

I setup the API calls using the API connector. Then in a user dashboard I setup buttons such as “connect Google Calendar” or “connect Zoom”. Then have workflows to run for the connection. In DB have data fields to save the necessary details of the users connected accounts.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m looking to do a similar setup and build a catalogue of integrations if possible.

Definitely possible

Hey,

Sorry to start this again but wanted to ask a quick question. How do you store the users API keys in the database? Just as plain text?

You wouldn’t do that because it is not possible to have an API setup in the app to accept dynamic API Keys.

The API Keys for any API provider would be for your application. Then you need to setup so your user can authorize your application for their account in the respective API provider. As an example, Stripe would allow your application to connect ‘sellers’ who would have their own account with Stripe. When using the API the ‘sellers’ stripe account ID would be used, but it is your platforms Stripe API Keys that are being used for all API Calls regardless of the ‘seller’.

For that type of sensitive data I put it as a text field in the database, set privacy rules on it and run all the API calls in the backend.

1 Like

Ah I see that makes more sense. I was looking to do something similar with Mailchimp, so I’ll need to check if this is actually possible.

Thanks Veronica. The only thing is that I need to create oauth integrations in order to let my users utilise pre-built integrations within my app.