Has Anyone Successfully Implemented Google Analytics Event Tracking?

Hi all,

Has anybody found a way to do event tracking with Google Analytics? I’ve tried a couple of different configurations based on what I’ve read on the forum, but none have actually worked.

• I have the “Google Analytics” plugin installed
  • I’m using the API Connector as well

Here are a couple of things I’ve tried + the result:

FIRST ATTEMPT

Here is what my API connector configuration looked like

Here is what my workflow configuration looked like for the particular event
CONFIG1B

As a result, here is what my Google Analytics looked like when I triggered said event (it always says there are visits from “Boardman.” My concern is that this is inflating visits for some reason

Outcome of this config:

• Visitor count is inflated when looking at “Real Time” analytics - any time an event is triggered, it says there is a visitor from “Boardman” (in addition to my location) which is not accurate.

• This config does however pass the event through to analytics as expected (can be see in real time events)

SECOND ATTEMPT

Here is what my API connector configuration looked like

Here is what my workflow configuration looked like for the particular event
config2b

Outcome of this config:

• Visitor count is as expected - no phantom visitors from “Boardman.”

• This config does not pass the events through to google analytics for some reason (cannot be seen in real time events).

Any help would be very much appreciated, if anybody has been able to implement events successfully.

-Adam

1 Like

“Boardman” is where the server is :slight_smile:

This has some useful details.

1 Like

Ah, thanks @NigelG! I read that post several times, but kept skipping to the “solution” so I was missing all the stuff that mattered! For anybody that comes across this post, here’s exactly what my config looks like (and it appears to be working as expected across the board):

PLUGINS I’M USING FOR ANALYTICS

1. GA CONFIG

2. TOOLBOX CONFIG

No config necessary in plugin itself

3. ADDING EVENT TRACKING TO BUTTON, ELEMENT, ETC

More GA Documentation here on what to drop in: Medición de eventos  |  Analytics for Web (analytics.js)  |  Google for Developers

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.