Having trouble displaying user data

Hi everyone, I’m really hoping someone can help me with this, I’m stuck

I hope my explanation is going to make any sense

I’m building an application, but I’m stuck here, there are different stores and there are different customers of that store, a customer can have an account number in any store that they choose to join, and when a user chooses a store to join, I add it to the unApprovedCustomers list and send it to the cashier of that store who then goes ahead to approve the customers request and I then go ahead to add that customer to the approvedCustomers list of that store, approvedCustomers and unApprovedCustomers are two different datatypes, but the problem is, a user can have one account number for each store that they join, which means a customer can have several account numbers for different stores and that’s where the challenge comes in, I’ve been able to create the account numbers but I’m not able to display them, here’s what I’ve done so far

I created an account number data Type that holds the accountNumber field which will be generated from the work flow, also holds the name of that store for which the account number was generated and also holds the customer who initiated that action
Screenshot at Aug 27 11-50-36

In the store dataType, I have a field that holds all the account numbers created for that store, so its a list

This part is successful, but I’m having trouble going into that Account Number list that is in the store Datatype and displaying the accountNumber for a particular user(The person who created it)

Here’s what it looks like:
Kapture 2022-08-27 at 11.58.04

So I have two different repeating groups (Green and blue) the green one is to display orders (I have no issues with this one), its the blue one, the blue one displays all unapproved customers, so I’m trying to display an unapproved customer’s accountNumber for this particular store

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi there, @phoenixideas3… maybe someone else can piece it together, but I’m having trouble following the expression you are trying to build without being able to see the setup of everything you are referencing in the expression. That being said, a thought did come to mind while I was reading your post, and I didn’t think it could hurt to throw out there. Could you simplify your setup by getting rid of the approvedCustomers and unApprovedCustomers data types and adding a yes/no field called approved to the accountNumber data type? That suggestion may or may not help to solve the problem you described in your post, but it does seem to me like it might simplify things a bit, and that probably wouldn’t be a bad thing, eh?

Best…
Mike

Thanks @mikeloc , what if I record a video and send it to you so that maybe it might help?, let me know, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, that would be great, and I would be happy to take a look.

Hey, @mikeloc there’s no need for the video, it actually worked!, your suggestion about creating a isApproved yes/no field actually did the magic, I just had to create a customer data type with isApproved, store, and user fields, and it worked!, thank you so much Mike, this just saved me, I’ve been stuck here for like 3 days, haha, thank you so much, sir!, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.