Hello, would love help on forms formats

Hello,

This question might seem confusing as I am confused myself. I wanted to create a form that when you click it more questions slide in. How would you suggest making that? My form is a bit long and I thought, rather than to put them on one long page maybe there is a plugin that allows a slide show feature. Or would you suggest creating different pages? I can do that, but how to connect it something I am wondering. Sorry, I’m very new to bubble, and everything so far is a learning curve. Thanks in advance.

I would use different groups in which subsets of inputs are placed. Using a custom state for step number and total steps you can show hide each group. On the last page you have a button to submit the data to the backend creating/make changes to a thing.

Or take a look at this free template

2 Likes

I agree with @FJP to use collapsed hidden groups. But you don’t need custom states.

Let’s take an example:
You have a collapsed hidden group that has a conditional in it which refers to some previous input. E.g. when dropdown X is not empty, this group is visible.

Then I would also have the final submit button be unclickable with a condition referring to the final step in your process. E.g. when text input Y is not empty, this button is not unclickable and change background color to a nice enticing green.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. I don’t know what a collapsed hidden group is. Looks like I will be doing some reading, if you have a link I would greatly appreciate it.

3+2+1 = Collapsed Hidden Group

3 Likes

You just laid down the most simple and useful guide for him.

2 Likes

Thanks @josh10

2 Likes

You’re wonderful! Thank you! :smile:

1 Like