[Help] > LIMIT 200 sql queries

Dear Bubblers,

how do i query the data 201 above?
i have no clue, OR is the API is automatically passing 200 query each time?
or I have to do something within bubble to receive query with more than 200 data?

Thanks in advance

Add the LIMIT operator to your query and specify the number of records you want returned.
SELECT *
FROM ‘orders’
WHERE ‘menu_uid’ LIKE ?
LIMIT 150;

You will need LIMIT in your query to start. If you wish to receive more than 200 results, depending on what you want to do with the data, you can use a recursive backend workflow or pagination in your app.

How can I possibly work with a LIMIT 200??? This is just absurd. Sometimes Bubble feels so much like a child’s hobbyist game.

1 Like

My friend. there is tons work around over this 200 Limit. and there is so much reason for this 200 limit.

My work around is quite simple 1, but enough for me,
when 1st RG hit 200 item, it will trigger 2nd RG to try get the NEXT 200 item, and so on…

Voila. done.

What reasons for a 200 limit exist in 2022? This is the same small product hobbyist thinking that led to the newly proposed plan structure with limits on db records. The fact that it was withdrawn within hours demonstrated how far away from the needs of users the leadership team at Bubble is. It feels like they are indexing around people that are building apps like it’s 1995 and MS Access CD collection are still a thing.

Oh my…

So you really think when you search “Car” in Youtube
The server will try to return 72,421,345 result back to your browser, IN ONE GO?

So you really think when you search “Newbie” in Google
The server will try to return 1,242,181,672 result back to your browser, IN ONE GO?

My friend, from your reply, i can say you have near-zero experience in develop app that will SCALE.

If bubble DO NOT implement this LIMIT 200, and this is a NO-CODE platform which may gather alot “NEWBIE” developer WHO DO NOT have any idea about SCALING, and Performance issue.

1 user apps with suck optimization, limitation can cause serious effect on other apps on same platform ( same server )

This 200 Limit DOES NOT limit the data you can query. It just DONT ALLOW end-user to retrive entire data set in 1 CLICK.

2 Likes

You can create your own plugin to bypass this limit like we did…which database engine you are connecting?

Hey, thanks for taking the time to type all that out. Very informative. Have a much better grasp on your skill set as a result. I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about. Note to self, must try harder. Have a great day.

1 Like

MYSQL.

I’m trying to query one of our external servers and there’s just no way that I can pre-write the query to consistently keep the full set of results under 200 records, and I can’t seem to find a way to parse a query to the plugin that would be narrow enough to get under this 200 LIMIT requirement.

I guest the best approach here is create you own plugin to connect on your DB or create an API and connect using api connector

No. you can “dynamically” input search QUERY.

sample below -

? = dynamic data you can input from bubble app

Hi, I’m having so much trouble with this 200 limit and I use the option “offset” to get more than 200 in each query, but sometimes I have 4.000 lines to bring and takes too much time to bring in group of 200, sometimes it takes almost 5 hours bringing and saving in my Bubble tables.

I’m using the backend workflow with the “schedule api workflow on a list” to save one by one with 5 seconds of interval to avoid errors.

Do you have and tips to give to me?

Thanks

I’m sorry but what you`re saying doesn’t make sense. Despite of not returning millions of records when searching for CAR in google, my application (which I thought would work in Bubble) returns water and gas reading for buildings with up to 1000 condos and I do need all of them at once.

When you state a suitable workaroung would be having multiples RGs you’re saying you’re not coding scalable system. Maybe 200 records works fine when building a dropdown menu, but for a real life system… theyŕe forcing us to keep our data locked in Bubble.