Hide image when previous cell has the same attribute?

Hello Bubblers!

I’m trying to think through a way to hide an image when the previous cell’s item was created by the same person.

We see this commonly with messaging apps nowdays.

I feel like I’m so close, but can’t seem to think through the last bit.

My aim with the argument above was to say…
RG’s list:item#(current cell’s index -1)'s creator is current cell’s thing creator.

The issue is that, although Bubble display’s mathematical functions at other times with current cell’s index, it doesn’t appear to when I’ve dedicated it to be the item # for the RG’s list.

How have others achieved this?

Thank you!

For any one who runs into the same problem and can’t find a solution - as I couldn’t anywhere on the googles, youtubes, or here on the forums - I did eventually figure it out here. :slight_smile:

It’s a pretty long equation, so if anyone has a simpler method, I’d be all ears :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know what you mean. That’s just the way the expression evaluator works in some contexts.

Another technique I’ve seen is to use a hidden Input element with an Initial content of Current cell's index - 1. Then, that input’s value can simply be referenced.

Generally speaking, though, I prefer not using visual elements for things that aren’t actually display related. It keeps the element hierarchy “cleaner” for one thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.