Hide/Reveal Layers Performance Limit?

Has anyone hit a threshold on number of hidden elements that begins to affect the website’s performance in a noticeable way? I’m working on a single-page site that’s using layers to keep from refreshing the page and give it an AJAX feel. It’s getting into the high number of hidden layers and I’m curious if I should be taking another approach before getting too far into it.

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s a good question. I am working on a one page app that has allot of groups, animations, popups and I did notice that the editor goes AWOL on prelonged usage. The memory just keeps climbing.

I am trying different browsers now but similar results.

I have yet to try the app when published. On short testing periods seems fine but I know once my customer starts using it I could face issues.

Right now it’s frustrating enough to deal with the editor. It just become slow.

I will keep you updated of my progress.

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder, does anyone know if the Bubble algorithm handles all the heavy-lifting on the server and sends out fairly simply HTML/scripting/etc to the user? That appears the be the case using a basic Chrome Inspection on my page. If so, I would assume the only potential bottleneck would be on Bubble’s processing and server accessibility. We as users don’t have metrics on those…are they using Amazon or another service for this or have they rolled their own? From what I understand (and have experienced myself) even with only a low-pay plan the infrastructure is fast an reliable.

Thanks!