I have a site that displays a list of projects but a client now would like to see these grouped by programmes. So each programme could have X number of projects.
At the minute I just have a RG that lists all of the projects in order. This works well but before I destroy what I have I would like to get some advice.
- I already have a data type called projects
- I am presuming it would be best practice to create another type called programmes and have a name.
- I am presuming the easiest option would be to create a field of type programme in the project type. Then I could assign a project to one (or even a list) of programmes.
- I have not used the group option on a RG but presuming this would be the best option?
- I current have a simple ‘do a search’ for projects in the data source. I am presuming I could just group by the programme field (which is programme type).
- I would however like to display the information in the RG under the group of the programme. For example…
Programme Name 1
Project X… Project Y… Project Z
Programme Name 2
Project A… Project B… Project Z (as it has both programmes in the list).
This sound logical? Anyone able to help with the group logic before I change things too much and how to display the programme names.