High-level overview of how this would work?

Hey Bubble community, as a brand-new bubble user, i’m having a very hard time conceptualizing how the app I want to build would work.

I will and want to do the research into how to get everything set up and working but i’m lost on where to start.

What I want to do is pull data from Airtable (Name, Phone Number, Sign up date) with an API call I created (working)

Then some how set up a system to make scheduled Twilio API calls to send scheduled texts to each phone number pulled from Airtable.

For example: Do Twilio API Call #1, 1 day after the “Sign up date” for each number in the list

Twilio API Call #2, 3 days after the “Sign up date”

etc…

The whole goal of this app is to nurture free-trial sign ups through their 5 day trial with our service.

I got my Twilio and Airtable API calls set up in Bubble and they’re working, I am just completely lost on how I would continue this project.

Any high level overview of how you think this might work, nudges in the right direction, or links to similar tutorials/docs would be really appreciated

From my POV, this sure is an interesting post. It’s as if you got the hard stuff figured out and need help with some Bubble basics.

Here is a link to the announcement on recursive workflows.

The summary of that post for your situation is to set up a backend workflow that triggers itself each day. Here is my set up for a similar scenario:

The zroutine_triggerdailyemail looks for users that have had activity in the last day and sends them the email from within zroutine_dailyemailfirst. I imagine your scenario would look for users that have signed up 1 day ago, 2 days ago etc. You’ll just need to set up an admin page with a button that fires the trigger workflow step manually for the first time.

Try playing around in this direction and bounce back with any questions.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch @SerPounce very helpful! I’m going to play with that today and see what I can get working :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Hey @SerPounce making good progress over here. Do you know if this works? Intended outcome: Today’s date minus 3 days. So if today’s date was the 17th, the Sign Up Date would need to be the 14th correct?

It says **+**Days though so not sure if me adding “-3” breaks it:

That’s exactly right. The -3 is the correct entry.

Perfect, thanks a bunch. I think i’m close to getting the whole flow working now, i’ll let you know how it goes in case you’re curious :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey there, I have similar case where I’m using an Airtable to update 3k + rows of data of my appdata. So I Scheduled an API Workflow on a list where it gets data from an external API (Airtable) and it works just fine. However, since it has to update 3k+ rows of data (and will continue to increase), I am running into capacity issues and the workflow times out must of the times.

Therefore, I run into the recursive API Workflows and have been trying to set it up but haven’t been successful.

Here you have the way I set it up:

step 1) Schedule an API workflow when a button is clicked. Make changes to a thing. I created a date field to record the date and time it was updated, and to be able to constraint those things that have been updated already.

step 2) Schedule the same API Workflow (LOOP). With condition. Only when Things last_process < current date/time +(days): -3

Whenever I ran test and check on server logs it says action condition failed.

If anyone could shed some lights on what I’m doing wrong I’ll greatly appreciate it.

Check out my other thread here. I asked a similar question about how to efficiently update Bubble w/ Airtable when the Airtable database gets huge.

Some people left some answers, I don’t understand their answers very much but maybe it will help you out :slight_smile: Thread: Is this efficient?

Hey @jackwabbit, thanks. I’ll check out the thread.