How do I backup my app, or create a duplicate?

I have collaborators in and out of my app constantly. I am worried someone will accidentally delete someone and it’ll be to late to get it back. Any tips?

Thanks

Depending on your plan, Bubble lets you roll back your entire database by a specific number of days (both development and production). (Consequently, a database rollback would also “undo” any data created between the current time and the point you roll back to).

While you can create copies of your application fairly easily, I recommend placing a bit of focus on user proofing your application first. (Ie. build in conditional logic on workflows that prevents a user from deleting another user).

Another concept I recommend exploring is the notion of “user deleted versus permanently deleted”. (Ie. you can have a boolean (yes / no) field on a thing - user or other data type - where you mark “is_deleted” as yes or no. Then apply a constraint/filter accordingly. Just keep in mind user data liberation (ie. if the user does request to delete, then do delete their data).

1 Like

You said: "While you can create copies of your application fairly easily, I recommend placing a bit of focus on user proofing your application first. " But how do you create copies of the application? That is what I am asking.

This is done from outside the application, on the bubble page with “My applications”. There is an option to duplicate an application.

Apologies, thought I’d included a link to the tutorial for how to do it. Looks like you figured it out already, but here you go just in case.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.