How do I create a Search workflow?

Still learning Bubble and need help with search. My aim is to have the user select a Province from a dropdown (will extend this to other parameters such as number of bedrooms, house type, etc. later) and be redirected to a listings page that retrieves all listings for that Province from the database. I do have a field called “Province” which is of type Text and contains 13 entries, one for each Province.

Each listing in the database is associated with a province for that listing, so when the user selects a province from the dropdown on the homepage, I would like to search the database for listings in that province and redirect the user to a page displaying only those listings.

Where would I start? I couldn’t find a workflow action that looks like a good candidate to begin.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Edit #1: The user has to select the Province from the dropdown but then has to click the Search button. So the workflow will begin with “When the Search button is clicked”… but can’t seem to find the action that will ‘query’ the database with the value from the input dropdown field.

The workflow would be “when an input’s value changes” Choose the dropdown as the input and then do whatever you like.

Apologies, maybe I should have been clearer. The user has to select the Province from the dropdown but then has to click the Search button. So the workflow will begin with “When the Search button is clicked”… but can’t seem to find the action that will ‘query’ the database with the value from the input dropdown field.

Are you displaying the data in a repeating group on the same page or navigating to another page?

If in the repeating group, add a filter to the data source where province = dropdown’s value. If navigation send an url parameter and do the same on the subsequent page.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.