How long will a custom state hold its values for/what events cause them to "renew"?

Can anyone tell me which actions or events will cause a custom state to “clear” it’s values…I’m pretty sure refreshing the page will.
My situation is that I want users to enter transaction details but to keep it easier for them, I need to do it across a few stages. So step 1 is to pick a list of contacts, step 2 is to select a product and there are a couple of extra steps. I somehow need to “hold” the list of contacts selected in Step 1 and then the list of products chosen in Step 2 so that they build up a transaction record which will be complete on, say step 4. I’m thinking a Custom State will be my friend here. I could be wrong, please say if I am. My main concern is that I’m presenting the steps to the User on PopUps (Tabs seemed quite tricky) and I wonder if the Custom State will lose its values when sequential PopUps are hidden and the next one opened.
Any advice would be very gratefully received.
Kind Regards
Joe

Hi there, @joefarrowsmith… my understanding (which Bubble’s documentation appears to confirm) is that only a page refresh (or an explicit workflow action, of course) will reset a custom state. Also, I just did a quick test that involved a popup and a couple of custom states, and it does not seem that opening and closing the popup has any effect on the previously set custom states.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Magic . Thank you. And please forgive my inability to find the documentation - I promise I did search before asking but, well, Monday morning…
Thanks again.
Have a lovely rest of day.

1 Like