How to create custom links?

Hello all,

I’m working on a simple side project called Hot Takes and need some help in creating custom links.

I want to give users an ability to generate a list of items(hot takes) in a custom link where they can share it with others. Can anyone help how this can be done.

Appreciate any suggestions or help. Thanks for your time.

Hey @sharathchandra.kurug

What do you want the link structure to be? domain.com/username/ItemList or domain.com/ItemList?

Hey @ambroisedlg thanks for checking on with me.

Yes, I would like to know both as I’m exploring multiple optinos for my idea. I would highly appreciate if you can direct me how to achieve both use-cases!

You can try “URL router for navigation” plugin. I haven’t used it yet but you can check it out. It may help.

1 Like

Hey @grace.hallak. Thanks so much for the suggestion. That’s an interesting approach, generating URL’s using a plugin. Will definitely check it out.

Hey @sharathchandra.kurug

Both methods require pretty much the same setup, although I was asking as you’ll need each ItemList to have a unique name for the custom link to be unique (and therefore redirect to the right list of Hot Takes). I’d recommend using the http://domain.com/username/ItemList format, as the ItemList’s name uniqueness would be per user (meaning two users having the same ItemList name won’t be a problem), rather than across the whole app.

You can watch this video made by @romanmg to learn how to create custom URLs (btw do check out her other videos to fast-track the learning curve, they’re amazing)

And feel free to drop a message here in case you have any questions

1 Like

This is great @ambroisedlg thanks so much for the suggestion. Also huge fan of Gaby’s tutorials, I learned a ton from her. I will look into the one you suggested and circle back here.

Sudsy Page might be helpful for this. It’s a paid plugin - a professional grade URL router that works with reusable elements, has automatic link detection, and supports query string parameters as well as context states. It also has great demos and documentation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.