How to display placeholder text for bubble's date/time picker?

Hi everyone,

When using bubble’s date & time as input values for the date/time picker, are you able to display placeholder text (“please select a date”) when the value is empty? My placeholder value shows current date rounded down to day and is confusing when the value is actually empty. Anyone have any work around ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 10.16.41 PM

Cheers

Hey @jasonturo :wave:

Maybe put the date in as the default value instead of the placeholder. Then by default it is never blank. :man_shrugging:t2: Just a thought.

Hey there, @J805

The datepicker does not allow customization of the default value or placeholder when the input type is Date & Time. However, the placeholder text is customizable when it is only Date. I am hoping to display text “Select date/time” when the value is empty, not the current date which the element displays. Any ideas of a hack around this?

Cheers

Hmm. Unless someone knows some code. I would look for a plugin or just create a custom experience myself without using the date time picker maybe. :man_shrugging:t2:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.