How to easily modify content of one field in live database?

Hi everyone and bubble team,

I’d like to modify the content of only one field of the live database for a specific user ?

Is there an easy way to Edit/Modify/Update a single cell of the database or do I have to export the entire database as CSV, modify and import back?

If it’s the only option, is there a tutorial somewhere that you recommend? I’m a bit afraid of messing up the entire user’s database so I prefer to be super careful…

Thanks a lot for your support!
Sylvain

You can just click and edit it, A Simple step…

Hi there, @sylvain… kudos to you for wanting to be super careful because you are changing live data… that is certainly the right mindset to have.

As melon pointed out, it is very simple, but let me elaborate just a bit for you. You need to switch to the live version of your database, and if you don’t know how to do that, you do it like this…

Then, highlight the data type that includes the record you want to modify, find the record with the data you wish to change, and click the pencil icon associated with that record. After that, make your change, save the record, and you’re good to go!

Oh, and you probably want to switch back to the development version of your database right after you make the change. You can never be too careful, right?

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

Thank you very much @mikeloc and @melon. I feel a little bit ashamed… that was indeed fairly easy! but I missed the small grey pencil icon.
Thank you, my app is up and running and I’ll be able to fix manually the live database. do things that don’t scale :wink:

Have a great day!
Sylvain

3 Likes