How to input same data row from multiple pages/ input form?

Dear Bubbler,
I’m struggling to input data row from different input forms (radio button, multiple checkbox, text input) in 4 pages for better ui.

in these pages, user will create/fill data row for user, date, music selected by the user, emotional condition (multiple select), or shot text diary.

particularly, how to input same row from 2nd and subsequent pages?

My mother tongue is not English and new to Bubble, so I’d appreciate if you could support me for above issue.

thank you in advance.
Remi

If you mean that in the first page you create new thing (data row) and in the other pages you want to add more data in some additional fields of that particular thing then in the other pages you need to use make changes to thing action and search for the last thing created by the user. Or you may send the data from page to page in the URL and create the thing (data row) in the last row.
But I think those are bad approaches, you may use 4 groups instead of 4 pages and show/them one by one and create new thing in the last group.

1 Like

thank you for prompt reply! really surprised to have such a kind suggestion.
you understand correctly.

then, maybe as you think, i’d like to " make changes to thing" for the last item by user. so please could you tell me how to achieve it?
actually i tried so, but i couldnt define “last thing by user” in workflow. user name and created date will be sufficient i think,

first page records date/time, user and emotional condition from radio button

second page… how should i define field/ constraint?

I can’t thank you enough.

It will be good if you also share screenshot for the “listing record” data type to show all its fields, also determine which fields should be filled in each page

thank you for continuous support.
at first, data table to be filled below.

for data type #0 to 2 (date, user, number), recorded first page with radio button. workflow here.

for #3, little bit complicated and wondering if it works…
im currently using multiple checkbox in RG, connected to data type(感情, meaning emotion).

workflow here.

#4,diary is recorded as text input made by user.

so,
do you find any problems? and how to “make changes to thing” in second and subsequent pages?

thank you very much.

Let’s say in the second you want to fill 3.current emotion field, so when you use make changes to thing action you will search for the listing record:last item and add these two constraint:
created by = current user
3.current emotion is empty

Let’s say in the third page you want to fill 4.diary and 5.music fields,so in the make changes to thing action you will search for the listing record:last item and add these two constraint:
4.diary emotion is empty

Let’s say in the forth page you want to fill 6.review field, so in the make changes to thing action you will search for the listing record:last item and add these two constraint:
6.review emotion is empty

In each action you have to fill the related fields, and you need to be sure the user will not create new listing record before all the fields are successfully filled through all 4 pages.

1 Like

@salemmo409 , thank you very much!
maybe i understand much of what you said and applied to my app.

besides, sorry if you already explained, seeing data table, almost items are successfully recorded, but 5.music, supporsed to record certain music name is shown as file name.

this is recorded in the page with music player after 4th page record and music selection page.

workflow here, but maybe “Current page’s music list” is wrong? it should be “music” in music list data type. (tried to change, but error occurs…)

thank you very much.

It seems every thing is ok, if you mean that you see numbers instead of the file name in the 5.music field and you want the file name to be displayed instead of those numbers

Then you need to now that these numbers are the unique ID of the music that stored there, and the unique ID is what displayed in tables by default, and you can change this here:

1 Like

Much obliged!! 5.music is shown as music name in Japanese.

what I wanted was completed at this moment :slight_smile:
Thank you again for long time support and your kindness.
Have a great rest of the day!

1 Like