How to Integrate Stripe Payments Course : Definitive Guide to Monetizing your Application via Stripe API

Thanks for pointing out subscription schedules API. I haven’t thought about it. I finally make it work with Create Subscriptions by adding “cancel_at” as one of the parameters using Bubble API Connector. I might check out your course later on. :100:

1 Like

Hello @boston85719

I am using the Stripe plugin made by Bubble to connect my users stripe account to mine and take a fee on their transactions using Stripe Connect.

It works well.

However, I want to allow my user to create their own subscription directly from my platform and not set it up first in their Stripe account and then on my platform which is not possible with the Stripe plugin made by Bubble.

On your course, I see that you cover subscription.
Can I still use my current set-up and use what you teach only for the subscription part ? Or would I need to only use APIs and redo everything ?

I honestly am not sure. I have never attempted to use the Bubble plugin for part of my setup, so I have no first hand experience to know if there would be an issue or not.

I am looking forward to taking your course, however I have a couple questions before that. Do you use a different plugin from the Bubble default one, or do you use only API calls? Do you cover on the course how to allow users to pay with other payment methods different from CC? Also, do you explain how to register users as sellers in order to make them the payee of the transaction?

Hi @raketenstart thanks for your interest in the course and reaching out for more information.

To first question, it is all APIs, no plugins.

About other payment methods, this is covered in brief as it is simply a setting in Stripe and they handle it based on the setting and your locations payment options.

And yes, cover how to register sellers.

Hello @boston85719,

I’m super interested in this as I haven’t been able to find a Stripe plugin that does everything I need and is solid enough to trust. I initially thought Stripe.js 2 plugin had it all but it turns out that it is quite buggy once you dig in.

Anyway, one question before I buy the course… Does this course cover how to initialize a Stripe Element (like the one Stripe.js 2 uses?) I like the UI and built-in SCA that using a Stripe-hosted element comes with.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @phdom

Thanks for your interest in the course and reaching out for more information.

The course does not cover how to create and use Stripe Elements using javascript. Instead the course focuses on using the API for using Stripe Connect.

It does go through the Stripe dashboard where you can add your own branding to the Stripe Hosted Checkout Page. The course is set on using best practices as it relates to not finding yourself in a sticky legal/financial situation by not having a robust data and privacy protection needed for storing financial details such as credit card etc. and to take advantage of the fact that Stripe can handle all of that for you.

@boston85719 this course looks incredible and I’ve bookmarked it to return and follow up. However, I’m pushing myself to complete this Stripe integration and I have done most of the work but am stuck on one element I’m hoping you might know the quick resolution for.
I am using Oauth to create destination charge but the API call header key keeps returning an error. Do you know the correct call header key for this?
Please see attached screenshots.
Oh, one other question: Do you know the correct value to use for the transfer_data[destination] to achieve the flow of payment in the screenshot from Stripe here as well?
Thanks for any quick guidance you can provide before I take the course.

Hi @justin.schoenfelder1

Thanks for your kind words regarding the course. In the event you do take it, I hope you gain as much valuable insights as it is intended to provide.

In regards to the Header Key should be Stripe-Account and the value should be a stripe account id

The error you are getting is also associated with a need to be attempting a direct payment.

Great content and topic to cover , unfortunately stripe is not available in different countries.

Making course with the same content for another payment gateway like PayPal ,such as for the marketplaces and auto monthly payout for the sellers , will be great addition too , especially that no one until now make course cover this topic

Thanks again and i would love to take the course some day, hopefully when stripe decide to open in my country

Best Regards

I’ve thought of doing that, but because it is so difficult to get accepted by Paypal to use their API for apps it is not something I would be doing. I’ve also considered some other payment options as well and looking toward possibly doing something for ACH transfers.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply ,you mean users can use ACH payment system with bubble inside marketplace business as a different payment system than stripe and PayPal ?

Yes, there are some plugins currently available for ACH and other payment providers in different countries.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help, and looking forward for your new courses , i registered in you website and found really helpful content
BR

1 Like

Hi, I bought your course a while back, and I am resuming it after a break. I want to know if I can implement metered subscriptions using the information provided in the course.

Hi @sandeep.jaykumar

Thank you for your purchase and reaching out for more information.

I do not believe the course covers metered subscriptions specifically, but the course is comprehensive enough in detailing how to setup the API calls and how to read through the Stripe API documentation that you should have enough of an understanding to setup metered subscriptions after reviewing the course material.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you happen to know if this kind of usage of Stripe (i.e. metered subscriptions) is compatible with the following scenario:

I have a platform of Buyers and Sellers. I take the credit card information of the Buyer and store it with Stripe. The Seller uploads their products and prices, and once the Buyer is happy with the offered product and price, he or she “purchases” the same, and the Buyer’s card (whose details reside with Stripe) gets charged at the end of the billing cycle in accordance with the amount of usage incurred.

I can’t seem to get a reply from Stripe as their support is rather slow and erratic.

Using the live chat feature for help from Stripe has always gotten my answers resolved within 15-30 minutes. I would suggest attempting to use the live chat feature for support requests from Stripe. They also follow up with emails pretty consistently in my experience.

The description sounds like a metered usage description, but I don’t know off hand exactly how metered subscriptions work in Stripe as I have not had a personal need to utilize the feature.

Hi there,

I bought your course and it helped a lot. Thanks for that. I have run into an issue though with Stripe Checkout api. The success url needs to have the session ID so I can attach the payment to the user. However, when I use the https://xxx.com/checkout_success_workshop={CHECKOUT_SESSION_ID}, I get a 404 error presumably because there is no webpage that has that Checkout Session ID as part of the URL. Any thoughts on how to get around this either in bubble (creating a dynamic URL) or with another Stripe call?

Hi @boston85719,

Will you integrate the implementation for the new Financial Connections feature in this course?