*How to make a shopping cart with + and - buttons for each product

No worries!

Let us know how it turns out :pray:

I’ve replied to you with specific requests and never get a reply. So I was thinking that it was fixed by someone else. Seem you have paid two agencies and didn’t get fixed. That’s sad. But actually I don’t have time available anymore.

1 Like

Hi @addison1 you can try posting your question on this site that just launched Here. It’s a site that allows people to submit their bubble questions with a loom video and receive loom video answers back from an expert in the community. Free of charge!

1 Like

The solution was found =D The crazy thing is that the app is even faster than it was before. If anyone runs into this problem, As funny as it sounds… I solved it by simply not using repeating groups.

You need to use regular groups to hold each [product] , and then you group those [product] groups into a parent group … this is where the trick of it happens, You need to place a repeating group anywhere on the page and hide it…and make that repeating group’s data source the source of that product category you want to show. Lastly… You need to add a data type [index #] for each product so you can make each of those mini groups show that single product.

Just make sure when your showing the product amount in the group that the amount is being shown in an input field and not a text field so you can save it to the database, and make it not clickable. The upside is this allows you to do some very crazy calculations on page that you couldn’t do with a repeating group, and you don’t need a single plugin.

The way you get the #'s to show up in the input is you have a plus and a minus sign in the group to add or subtract a product… and set a custom state as a number so when + is clicked the custom state is +1 and vise versa.

Hopefully that helps someone else that needs it. Cheers!

5 Likes

Check theBDK repeating group plugin. Not sure if it fits your use case but worth checking out.

If you want to maximize speed because you have a large shopping cart, it actually works faster creating individual groups instead of a repeating group to click on items.

Could you please upload a record video or some screenshots, to apply it!

thanks a lot!

1 Like

Next step, The group these elements are sitting in is getting its data from its parent group

The next parent group photo is attached here, Which is getting its data from a repeating group that is hidden inside of a floating group in the background.

Here is the repeating group feeding the data to all my groups so you can see its totally seperate.

I used a floating group (not hidden), so it feeds data immediately instead of it feeding data only when its visible… I also set the floating group to be transparent so the elements are not visible, and set it to float beneath the page.

Heres the tricky part, On another page, I made a summary cart.

There is a repeating group on page for each product category. Which is Taking the product from the group that i just pushed the + sign in, and bringing it over to this repeating group.

If you look at this photo… There are 5 repeating groups for 5 categories of products. The group your looking at highlighted is one of the repeating groups so you can see what is done. The type of content is the type of product…However i did not do a search (remember theres a hidden group already feeding the data), Look at the data source to see what i did as an example. The repeating group is taking the counts from each individual group, converting it to a list, and using “plus item” to add products to the summary cart.

So whenever you hit the + sign, It calculates a total on screen, and on another page is building a list of products to a separate cart as a checkout.

1 Like