Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to rename files when saved to S3

Does anyone know how to rename files when saved to S3?

I haven’t been able to figure it out or find any documentation for it.

This may be a feature that is only available on certain plans?

I would reach out to Bubble support if no users have a solid answer. I haven’t found a way yet either.

1 Like

hidden gem…

1 Like

Thanks guys :grinning:

@boston85719 I am already on Pro plan and contacted support. Will try again today.

@bartek.dev I used the same approach but it didn’t work for me. Can you try if it changes the name of file in file manager for you?

I tried @bartek.dev and did not see any change to the file name in the file manager, or in the file URL

I agree with you. Same here :upside_down_face:

I think you have to always include file type as in name.svg, name.png etc

unfortunately you have to use regex to make dynamic text work (or am I missing something obvious?)

Regex: .[0-9a-z]+$ That will get you the file extension - works in safari

1 Like

@bartek.dev I just tried that on Safari as well. It doesn’t change the name for me. :frowning_face:
I used a png file and gave every uploaded png file a static name of ‘sumit.png’. Nothing changed in file manager.

Can you check the file manager that the name of Image/url is getting changed? If yes, I’d appreciate more info on how are you doing it.

This works well for extracting the extension though. Thanks for sharing this :grinning:

I promise it did work for me just a sec ago :stuck_out_tongue: and now nothing works…

Bug report time :tada:

1 Like

No worries. Thanks for to helping out and regex :grinning: