How to reset the initial content?

Hi, is it possible to reset the initial content of an input field? Because reset input does only reset the text which the user entered in the input field, but not the initial content.

After the user clicked on an icon, I want the input field to be completely empty.

Best wishes
Jakob

Hi there, @Jakob1… I was typing a response to ask a clarifying question when I noticed you edited your post, and I am still not sure what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to blank out a field that is being used as the initial content for an input when an icon is clicked? If that is the case, add a workflow to the icon that makes changes to a thing, with the thing to change being the thing that contains the initial content being displayed in the input, and the change to make is to set the thing’s relevant field to empty.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. The initial content of an input field is the current posts creator’s name. When another user comments the post and presses the send button, the relevant inputs are reset, but the initial content stays in the input field. I also want the initial content to disappear.

Hmm, I’m still not getting it. If you have the initial content of the input set to the Current post's Creator's name, then that is what is going to be displayed in the input. If you don’t want that to be displayed in the input, then you either have to empty the associated name field (which I can’t imagine you want to do) or maybe do something like set a custom state when the icon is clicked, and put a condition on the input that says when the custom state is set to a particular value, the input’s initial content is empty. All of that could be garbage, though, because it’s still not clear to me what you are trying to do.

1 Like

Thank you very much. It works properly with the custom state :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.