I couldn't find the screen recorder I wanted, so I built one

Hey everyone!

While building and documenting my Bubble projects, I ran into a problem that I couldn’t find a good solution for.

I wanted to create quick tutorials and demos of my software without having to edit the recording afterward.

Specifically, I wanted something that could:

  • Record my screen while I explain the product
  • Automatically zoom in when I click or interact with something
  • Follow the important areas of the screen
  • Highlight the cursor and clicks
  • Make the recording feel more polished without spending time editing it afterward

There are some great tools out there, including Loom, but I found that there weren’t many simple alternatives that gave me the automatic zoom / framing experience I was looking for.

So I decided to build it myself.

:movie_camera: Meet Screen Mouse Recorder

It’s a Chrome extension designed for creating SaaS demos, tutorials, walkthroughs, customer support videos and product videos without having to manually edit every recording.

The idea is simple:

Record → interact with your software → let the extension handle the zoom and cursor effects → share.

I’m especially interested in feedback from the Bubble community because I originally built it to solve my own problem while creating software demos.

If you build Bubble apps, SaaS products or client projects and frequently need to explain how something works, I’d love to hear what you think.

:backhand_index_pointing_right: Screen Mouse Recorder: [Chrome Web Store link]

If you try it, I’d especially appreciate feedback on the Autozoom experience. That’s the feature that motivated me to build the extension in the first place.

Thanks! :rocket:

1 Like