I want to manually store values like pictures where the user can pick from and store them in the user profile as part of there profile content is that possible

i want to manually store values like pictures where the user can pick from and store them in the user profile as part of there profile content is that possible

If I understand correctly, you want to build up a library of images that users can choose from for their profile avatar, right?

You can populate your images into Bubble using either the stock pictureUploader input widget, or if you have many you need to upload in bulk, the Dropzone plugin. While you can see all uploaded files in the Data > File manager tab and as a data source in Bubble, I suggest capturing image URLs as data at upload time. That will allow you a little bit more control, and keep non-profile pic files from straying into your results.

From there, create a repeatingGroup with your images, and when the user selects one, set the profile image URL as the current cell’s image url (or whatever you’ve named it). Make sense?

Hope this helps!

“I suggest capturing image URLs as data at upload time” - can you help detail how this is done?
Currently I have the workflow where if user clicks the primary CTA, I’m storing the user’s :Name, Email only. How do I create a field for the image URL? Thanks.

Hi juntochan,

For the case you are describing, I think I would leverage the “image” data type on the user thing.

Go to the Data section of your app (from the sidebar on the far left side of the Bubble editor), and choose the Data Types tab at the top of the section (you’ll see options for Data Types, Privacy, App Data, Option sets, and File manager). Find the Custom data type you want to attach the picture to (it sounds like User is the likely one here), and click it. In the right pane, you will see the fields associated with your user. If there isn’t one already, add a field for your image and set it to type image.

Now, go back to the Design section of the application (you can do this on the sidebar on the far left, just like for the Data section), and make the page with your CTA active. On your CTA, add a Picture Uploader input, which is found in the Input forms section of the page builder elements. When users clicks on this, they will be prompted to upload an image.

Finally, add to your thing creation workflow, and save the Picture Uploader value to the image fields in your thing.

Hope this gets you where you need to be!