I upvote this. (Would be nice in the forum to have voting on feature requests, no?)
A simple(r) implementation might be to have Layout Styles.
A collection of properties stored as a group, that can be added to an element, which override the Layout properties, and when the Layout Style is changes, all elements change accordingly. Same concept as Styles today.
- Layout Style Name
- Applies to Groups / Other element types
- For New Responsive Engine only (or not)
- Alignment of Children properties
- Width and Height properties
The, the real magic:
Default Layout Style
- Per element
- Per app
- Be able to designate which layout style should be connected when an element of that type is created.
- Could opt for a “repeat last used”, but it’s hard to determine what “last used” means. (Last viewed, last changed, last created-then-changed, you get the options).
This would save SO MUCH time when creating groups in the responsive design.