Image in repeating group loading in reverse order?

Hi all,

I’m looking to speed up image loading a bit. One of the weird quirks is that images in a repeating group seem to load in reverse order: the first image (where the user is first to look) last. Which makes for a janky user experience.

Anyone have a tip to tweak this?
You can have a look at: https://aatly.nl/

Thanks!

Steven

Did not see that behavior, the only lag I saw was likely due to image tile size. Other than that, they seem to load almost instantaneously. (On a 300MB cable net connection)

You may want to dynamically process just tiles to a lower res or quality to load faster?
John

I know it’s not what you’re asking, but it really isn’t that bad. I know when we create our own sites we want everything to be perfect, and stuff like this to our own eyes looks like we’re sloppy. To be honest, I don’t think anyone would notice - it refreshes pretty quick.

You could also try the vertical scrolling options instead of displaying the full list, if you’re not already

Hi John en SJL,

Thanks for your feedback!
The list is already lazy loading & images are optimized using imgx parameters.

Might have something to do with my geographical location, but will take your positive feedback and focus on other areas which will have a bigger impact :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Steven

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.