Internal page linking

Hi There! I am rather new at Bubble.
I am trying to link my Sign Up page to the page where the user can put in his/her personal information. But the system asks me to send data to that page. But I don’t know what data to send

In the sign up page I show the user two options. Are you ‘this user’ or are you ‘this user’. So when clicking on one of the options, I have to send data to the signup page to make the link to that page where the user can insert his information.

Dont know what to do. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Hi @ebento welcome to Bubble! For the page you are linking to, you have probably selected a “Type of content”. This means the page receive a certain data record when you load it, so it knows what to display. A common example of this is a user’s profile page, where you’d send a particular user’s record to the page so it knows which user’s info to show. In your case, I wouldn’t recommend sending a data type to the page. Instead, you could just send a “parameter” in the URL that contains the selection the user made. This way, the new page can read the selection and show the appropriate inputs.

As an aside, I typically wouldn’t link to a separate page for something like a signup. You could instead include that info on the same page, but hidden to start, and show it when you click on an option.

Hope this helps!

Andrew
AirDev

Thanks Andrew! Very Helpful

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.