IOS Legal/Cost Process?

Hi! I’m trying to estimate my costs before going forward with them. I’d like to submit a Bubble-built app to the IOS store; I’ve got the zip file, Phonegap, etc up and running (thanks @natedogg !).

I’m forming an LLC ($149 in my state) to keep it under and will get a developer account ($99); anything I’m missing? Does Apple need my tax ID (another cost)?

Thanks!

I’d invest in solid terms of service and privacy policy documents, which aren’t expensive all things considered. I know you can get those things generated “for free” - but don’t. Spend the money to have an actual attorney look at your specific services/product/offerings and have proper docs prepared for you. And keep them updated. Protection is always a smart investment.

2 Likes

PO box for business address.

I second getting custom legal documents and doing it right at the very beginning. If it’s a single member LLC, you can use your SSN; otherwise, just grab a Employee Identification Number (EIN) for free from the IRS. Check to see if your state has an annual franchise tax (e.g. California’s is $800/year). There’s also the cost of a registered agent (if needed), mailing address (one with a “real” street address and not just a PO box), additional filings (by the state), and maybe other things I’m not recalling.

There are plenty of privacy and terms of service geneerators online that come with a guarantee protection too. They are paid but would be a lot easier than going to a lawhat er, you can customize everything. Of course if you have the time and budget a lawyer would be best.

As far as what Apple needs, in order to set up your developer account as a legal entity, you’ll need to obtain a Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) number.

Apple will give you the information to walk you through the process as you’re setting up the legal entity’s Apple Developer account. https://developer.apple.com/support/D-U-N-S/

I’d recommend giving it at least a week or two after registering your business before requesting the DUNS number.