Is bubble a good platform for developing SAAS?

I can write codes but like the low code solution for fast development.

I have been using filemaker as an internal tool and I like it for what I can do with it.

I’m looking for filemaker like solution for developing SAAS and that’s when I found bubble.

After trying it for sometime I discovered I can’t do complex logic etc… in bubble. Am I right about it?

For example, if I want to query an API which return a list of results, can I analyze them one by one, apply some logic, modify the returned result and then store in the database?

I can do that all by writing simple scripts in filemaker but it looks like in bubble I can’t write script for doing such things.

Without knowing specifically what you’re trying to do it’s impossible to say…

But, that sounds fairly basic and simple on the face of it, so the answer is likely ‘yes’.

But feel free to share some more specific questions or requirements if you want to get a more specific answer.

Here is an example json return from api:

[
    {
        "id": "bitcoin",
        "symbol": "btc",
        "name": "Bitcoin",
        "image": "https://assets.coingecko.com/coins/images/1/large/bitcoin.png?1547033579",
        "current_price": 19180.91,
        "fully_diluted_valuation": 402799172612,
        "last_updated": "2022-07-02T04:29:16.059Z"
    },
    {
        "id": "ethereum",
        "symbol": "eth",
        "name": "Ethereum",
        "image": "https://assets.coingecko.com/coins/images/279/large/ethereum.png?1595348880",
        "current_price": 1043.12,
        "fully_diluted_valuation": null,
        "last_updated": "2022-07-02T04:29:56.659Z"
    },
]

Below is the logic:

• If fully_diluted_valuation is null then don’t store in database
  • convert last_updated timestamp to est timezone and then store it in the database

How can I do that?

That should be fairly simple…

Just add the relevant conditional into whatever workflow you’re using to create the things in your database - i.e. on the ‘create a new thing action’ add only when fully_diuted_validation is not null

Thank you.

What to do about this:

• convert last_updated timestamp to est timezone and then store it in the database